Flight planning made easy
FlightPlanner is an easy to use application that makes the process of flight planning for aerial photography quick and efficient. It has been specifically designed to automatically calculate the ideal layout of photo frames to ensure complete coverage with the minimum amount of flying.
The FlightPlanner will allow you to adjust the following imaging parameters:
- lens focal length and sensor resolution
- flying height and ground speed
- forward and side overlap
- ground pixel size and imaging frame rate
- frame camera or linescanner
- area or path flight plans
Click here to download a brochure.
FlightPlanner has all the functionality expected of any advanced flight planning application:
- Plan polygon or linear flight plans
- Support for almost any type of camera or linescanner
- Wide range of user-specified imaging parameters
(flying height, pixel size, forward/side overlap etc.)
- Automatically calculate area, distance, flight runs, trigger points, number of turns and more
- Auto-calculate the optimal flight plan: either minimize number of runs, number of frames, or total flight length
- Use terrain models to adjust spacing between lines or points to give complete coverage in mountainous areas
- Use terrain models to create flight plans with flight lines at different heights, to minimize the number of frames
- Complete integration with our award-winning Aviatrix flight management and camera control system
We have created three different versions of FlightPlanner, in order to support a wide range of different users.
Classic: Designed for entry level users, but with sufficient features to enable the creation of accurate flight plans quickly and efficiently. Competitively priced and easy to use.
Pro: Extra features include the use of terrain models to create more efficient flight plans over varying terrain, linear flight plans, and support for back-ground maps and images.
Ultimate: All of the features of Classic and Pro, but with further tools, including import and export of many different file types, and import of unlimited background maps.
Integration with other software and hardware
FlightPlanner can import a range of file formats, including ASCII text, KML/KMZ, ESRI SHP files, Topoflight files, and Track’Air files. If you find there is a file format missing, just let us know, and we’ll add it to the list of supported files.
FlightPlanner is just as versatile with output file formats. Supported file formats include KML/KMZ, GPX (for some Garmin devices), FPL (for Garmin G3Z, Aera and GTN devices), and ForeFlight. Of course FlightPlanner integrates very tightly with our own Aviatrix flight management system.
Try it for yourself, for free
There are just too many features in FlightPlanner to list them all here. We therefore encourage you to test the software for yourself. Please contact us for a download link. When you have installed FlightPlanner, we can send you a temporary licence code for unlocking the software. This will give you four weeks to evaluate the software, without any obligation.
FlightPlanner is compatible with the Windows operating system (Win 7 Pro and above). Our recommended operating system is Windows 10.